TIPS FOR SERUM USE:
We at Lash Affair are excited to bring to you some amazing new home care items for your clients to enjoy that will also help boost your profits!
One of our new items, along with a smooth felt tip eyeliner and a safe mascara for touch ups, is a lash growth supplement. Sometimes a growth supplement may be mandatory for your client to use, those who have suffered damage from past sets, lash curlers or those with weak lashes wanting full looks may have no choice but to turn to growth serums for support. So you, as the professional, want to know all the ins and outs of lash growth serum and what to consider when recommending this item to your clients!
More Frequent Fills:
– Clients might require more frequent fills if they are using a growth
serum with extensions, since their lashes will grow out faster than usual.
– Suggest booking fills one week sooner than normal until they hit their max growth potential.
– Another side effect of using a growth serum with extensions is
excessively curly lashes or lashes that “basket weave” or criss-cross. Be careful to always place lashes facing straight forward with the direction of your design, no matter how unruly the natural lash is.
Weaning Off a Serum:
– After clients reach their full result they can start to wean off slowly.
Going from once a day to once every other, and so on.
– Make sure to let your clients know that if they don’t wean off of their growth serum slowly they may suffer a big lash shed. Growth products send messages for lashes that would otherwise have fallen out to stay in the follicle. these lashes stop receiving this message, they shed all at once.
– The lashes eventually return on the following cycle, but during the
time of their mass shed, the results can be disturbing. Always wean off to avoid this.
Lash Serums Don’t Work on Everyone:
– Sad but true. Not everyone will get the massive growth of their dreams BUT the serum will always be a good choice for fortifying the hair, improving lash moisture and integrity even if remarkable growth is not obvious.
Wash It off at Some Point:
– Jeesh! We all know clients can tend to avoid cleansing the lashes well for fear of lash loss. Although our serum is an all natural peptide complex washing the lash line regularly is recommended.
– No extra effort than their normal daily cleansing should be required.
– Don’t put serums through the length of your lashes if you have volume extension,s as this will plaster your poor fans shut and turn your beautiful fluffy set into a spikey mess!
– Only apply to the base like a liner and only a minimal amount is necessary.
More Does Not = More:
– You know the type. Encourage these clients not to overuse their new lash growth serum as applying more than once a day is not recommended and applying too much product at once can definitely cause complications with extensions and possible skin irritation!
– You can however recommend that your clients apply excess serum to their brows to re-grow brow hairs as well!
Give our serum a try at lashaffair.com, and remember we price our items low enough for you to retail to your clients and make a great profit! Retail is a huge way my business makes money each month, the mascara and liners have flown off my shelfs, I started making up home care kits with the awesome new makeup bags as well, total crowd pleaser! For more tips like this and to find out more about trainings in Nashville TN follow me on Instagram @ abbyolashes . For other class dates near you visit lashaffair.com!
Happy Lashing xo